Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Vision of the Midnight Sun

As I stated in my last post, when I was a very young child, perhaps somewhere around the age of 7 or 8, I prayed that I too could be special to God. I prayed specifically for the wisdom of Solomon (erroneously presuming that type of wisdom were the same manner of the precious spiritual wisdom taught by Jesus). Solomon's wisdom in contrast was worldly wisdom, used for evil purposes; idolatry, fornication, adultery, wealth and earthly gain. All vanity in the eyes of God.
It was during the same time I began experiencing a strange and powerful recurring dream. The dream was disturbing, powerful, and stayed with me during my waking hours. Not a word was spoken yet I felt that I was spoken to, inwardly. I felt down deep there was a significant meaning to it.
In my vision I would awake in my sleep during the midnight hours, knowing it was the dead of night yet, light was pouring in from a light source that should not or could not by all reasonable explanations, be there.
I would arise from my bed and walk through the house. I saw my parents asleep in bed. A breeze blew through the window as though it were a hot summer's night. It seemed during one of the dreams I walked through the living room, and saw the morning hours of the clock and it were yet only the early morning hours, and still a sun (that I knew and feared should not be there) was high above in the sky.
Daring, I walked outside to look around, knowing it was midnight. I felt how the whole world around me was asleep. There were no sounds of traffic in the distance, no sounds of children playing. Everywhere it was the still and silence of night, yet everything was lit up like mid-day from the sun which was burning above.
I looked above to the midnight sun which loomed above me and felt a sense of reassurance, as though communicating with me, that I was allowed to "run and play" while the world slept in darkness. It was a frightening dream only because I knew the sun can not be high above in the dead of night.